Tabs

7.5.11

Hello! are you enjoying ISBD!!!!

I can't believe what is going on at  FROSTED DESIGNS so much fun!! check out their Facebook page too.

Well my challenge is to SEW yes SEW with a machine on your page!!! I know most of you will have a sewing machine! Lets face it most of us are craft TRAGICS and have done some quilting and making clothes and pyjamas for our kiddies!! I probably NEVER use my machine for material anymore! Just a word of warning, you should really have a needle suitable for jeans and heavy duty material but having said that!!...... I just use a ordinary needle and have never had any problems.!

I thought this photo would be perfect for Mother's Day ( here in Australia tomorrow April 8th)

This is a VERY EASY & QUICK LO!!

Just grab 2 co-ordinating PP and use one for your background (the darker one) 
cut the lighter one 7 X 10 in.
I have distressed the smaller sheet (because I am a distress QUEEN)
GET that machine out and stitch around the larger sheet and the smaller sheet. you can use normal straight stitch or zig zag it is up to you.  You can also use any thread colour you want too!
Around the bottom I lightly drew some flower stems so I could use as a guide.
Stitch along your guide marks and just hit REVERSE on your machine.  I actually just went crazy as you can see! lol
Attach your flowers ( My are MVB from Wicked Princesses!)
Attach your photo with two little threaded water punch and a scalloped border punch ADD you photo and your sentiment with some letter stamps!  My Stamp-a-ma-jig was ESSENTIAL for correct placement but stickers would work just as well!! I embossed my new Stampin Up Itty Bity Bits with white embossing powder and attached randomly.

See! I told you.... EASY! have a go and DON'T be scared and I'd love to see what you come up with! Upload your LO on the Frosted Designs site (great prizes there too)

Join in THIS challenge and upload on the Frosted Designs  site to be in the running for THIS prize!!


Happy mothers day for all the Aussie Mums too!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Your page is just beautiful! Love the colors you choose and the flowers and stems are Great! Beautiful family photo too:)
~Kim
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Your page is just beautiful!! I love the stitching!!