Tabs

8.5.11

A quick little Mother's Day gift...

Remember a few weeks ago when I was patting myself on the back for getting my Mother's day card done and ready to go.....? well it is sitting on my desk!!!! NOT POSTED!! I cannot believe it! I must have thought as I already have made it I crossed it off my TO DO list!!

Anyway to make amends.... I have also made a little box FULL of lovely heart choccies and a gift card for her!

I received some  from Scrapbook Boutique DELICIOUS Cosmo Cricket Cira 1934 paper pack! Oh simply gorgeous! There is not a sheet I won't use Red, Black and Cream!!! lovely!

This is a really quick little gift box and can be used for any occasion really.

Just get two 12 x 12 patterned paper of your choice (co ordinating works well) or even cardstock is nice too!
Cut the PP that you want for the BOTTOM box to 11.5 inches X 11.5 inches.

fold all the corners in to the centre as shown below.

 Fold in to the centre (as shown below) turn the paper around and repeat on other side. Repeat again on the other two sides. 
open one side (as shown below) and pinch the two corners so they meet in the middle.


 fold the flap over and tuck it all in.  Repeat on opposite side.
Do the same for both boxes and they SHOULD look like the pics below!

Cut a strip of plain cardstock 12 inches X 2.5 inches and another co ordinating strip 12 x 1 inch.
 attach and wrap around the box and then wrap an organza ribbon and tie two bows.


 Cut three scalloped circles,

distress each circle and adhere together with a pearl brad.

attach  with a glue dot and push up against ribbon.

fill with chocolates a gift card, jewellery (might leave an empty one on the bench for my lot!)



The Recipe:
available from Scrapbook Boutique

Paper : Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934
Cardstock: Cream
Ribbon: Cream Organza
Adhesive dots: Glue Dots


good luck and wishing all the mum's a very HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
xxx

4 comments:

Mel said...

Oh these little boxes are just gorgeous and lol re: not posting the card...I do things like this all the time...glad I am not the only one. I loved these papers, so good for our boy pages hey. Hope you are having a wonderful day dear girl. Melxx

Danielle said...

Gorgeous box, Ange! Will have to give this a go.. Hope you have had a Happy Mothers Day. xx

Stacy H-W said...

Is it wrong that I am laughing? Forgetting to post your card is such a thing that I would do! lol I'm sure that sweet gorgeous box with chocolates and the gift card will make up for the tardiness!

Nora said...

What a cute little gift box!
Thank you for visitin my blog and the sweet comment you left on my "Fall Wedding" layout!